Unum seeks to partner with organizations that work within our three preferred areas of focus:
- Public education — public education is the primary focus of our outreach efforts, and we are committed to supporting organizations that grow strong individuals and school leaders, more successful communities and a prepared future workforce. We partner with public schools, business and community leaders to:
- Focus on achievement and innovative educational experiences
- Mentor youth through organizations like Boys & Girls Clubs, Junior Achievement and Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Collaborate with business and community leaders to impact education at the local and state level
- Health & Wellness — we support organizations that provide programs and services to improve the wellness of individuals and communities. Additionally, we partner with organizations that help people with disabilities lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- Arts & Culture — we believe that a truly vibrant community includes engaging outlets and opportunities for cultural education. We understand for a community to reap the benefits of these institutions, we need to provide opportunities for students to use these places to connect classroom curriculum with real-world experience.