Our focus areas
We’re committed to providing equitable opportunities for Black, Hispanic, Latino, and economically disadvantaged students to thrive. We do this by funding programs that…
- Encourage social-emotional health.
- Provide career & post-secondary preparation.
- Remove barriers to post-secondary success.
We strive to support those who are disproportionately at risk to adverse health outcomes by funding innovative and action-oriented health & wellbeing programs. We're taking a concentrated interest in mental & behavioral health. In this area we aim to….
- Strengthen the capacity of health and other related systems to respond to and care for individuals.
- Decrease stigma, discrimination, and social isolation by transforming the way we think and talk about mental health.
- Support youth with early intervention resources.
In addition to the above mental health focus, our grant funding will also support:
- Increased equity in health
- Access to essential health services
Unum Social Justice Fund
Creating stronger, more equitable communities by supporting organizations working to end racism, discrimination and bias with a focus on these four categories...
- Systemic and policy change
- Support action-oriented programs that champion solutions that work to permanently reverse or eradicate discriminatory or bias-led systems and policies.
- Provide training aimed to help individuals and organizations understand racial and social injustice, build empathy toward traditionally marginalized groups and communities, and create more equitable organizations and systems.
- Economic justice
- Work with marginalized communities to promote financial inclusion and prevent exploitation due to economic status.
- Civic engagement
- Engage in programs that provide a voice to marginalized individuals or groups so that they may address issues or concerns regarding their community.
Social Justice Fund grants range from $2,500 to $10,000.
We're committed to supporting Unum communities and our employees when disaster strikes. This includes funding for programs and services that focus on:
- Disaster preparedness
- Disaster response