Make sure Unum has up-to-date information about you and your employees
For group customers, here’s a list of the type of information you will want to keep current
- Plan administrator names and contact information (address, phone, email)
- Employee/dependent additions, terminations, and changes in status
- Employees' salaries (based on the contractual definition of earnings). Click here to see how to calculate and report earnings for premium payment purposes. Keep in mind that:
- Salary changes become effective Jan. 1 for disability plans utilizing a W-2 definition of earnings. Salaries can be updated online, or reported on a census or invoice, by March 31.
- Salary changes for disability plans using a "current definition of earnings" should be updated when they occur.
- Send your updates via a census file or invoice.
For voluntary benefits customers
- Notify your Unum contact regarding changes to plan administrator names and contact information (address, phone, email).
- Note employee terminations on the payment deduction file. You will want to remit only what has been deducted for employees who have terminated during the billing cycle.
If you have any questions, our service specialists are available to help you at 1-800-ASK-UNUM (1-800-275-8686).