Unum's long-term disability coverage features programs for rehabilitation, worksite modifications, part-time return-to-work strategies, and a number of other resources to help you maximize your abilities in the event that you experience a disability.
If you are receiving long term disability benefits and participating in the return-to-work program, you can receive an additional 10% of your gross disability benefit (up to $1,000 per month). You may also qualify for a dependent care benefit for family members under age 15, of for family members over 15 who require personal care assistance.
LTD and Your Health Insurance
We also want you to be aware that your GIC health insurance incudes benefits to help you manage the stress that can arise from coping with a serious health condition.
All plans offer care management services, which pair you with an advocate to help you best navigate the health care system. Your plan also offers behavioral health care management, as well as personalized assistance in accessing behavioral health care. Below please find the contact information for the GIC health plans:
- Beacon Health Options (behavior health care for all UniCare State Indemnity Plan, Tufts Navigator and Spirit members): 855-750-8980
- Fallon Health: 866-344-4442
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care: 888-777-4742
- Health New England: 800-842-4464
- Neighborhood Health Plan: 866-567-9175
- Tufts Health Plan medical benefits: 800-870-9488
- UniCare State Indemnity Plan medical benefits: 800-442-9300
Social Security / Disability Retirement Assistance
If you wish to file an application for disability insurance through Social Security Unum can put you in touch with an expert who can assist you through the process. The service is voluntary and at no cost to you.