Business Group on Health Honors Unum Group with Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Wellbeing Award
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (April 27, 2023) – Unum Group (NYSE: UNM) is one of 50 large employers honored with the Business Group on Health Best Employers: Excellence in Health & Well-being Award. Unum was recognized for being a company where diverse and highly skilled people can learn and grow in their careers. As a global workplace benefits provider, Unum offers wellbeing benefits for a multi-generational workforce.
The company provides:
- Paid Leave Benefits: Parental Leave for the birth of a child, surrogacy, adoption or foster care and Caregiver Leave to care for a spouse, children or parents
- Financial Security: Emergency Savings to help prepare for unexpected expenses and a Student Debt Relief program where employees can transfer paid time off into payments against student debt
- Physical Wellbeing resources including onsite fitness centers, virtual classes healthy food options and Telehealth services
- A Mental Health hub offering personalized support for mental health and emotional wellbeing needs
- Family support programs include family building, fertility benefits and backup emergency care for children and adults
The 2023 winners represent banking/financial services, health care, insurance, manufacturing, professional services, technology and utilities. A full list of winners is available here.
The award criteria assess applicants on their approach related to leadership, strategy and culture; holistic well-being, including mental health, financial security, physical health, social connectedness and job satisfaction; engagement and the employee experience; health equity; metrics and evaluation.
Applicants for the Best Employers Award do not have to be members of the Business Group.
About Business Group on Health
Business Group on Health is the leading non-profit organization representing large employers’ perspectives on optimizing workforce strategy through innovative health, benefits, and well-being solutions and on health policy issues. The Business Group keeps its membership informed of leading-edge thinking and action on health care cost and delivery, financing, affordability, and experience with the health care system. Business Group members include the majority of Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized companies, as well as large public-sector employers, who collectively provide health and well-being programs for more than 60 million individuals in 200 countries.
For more information, visit www.businessgrouphealth.org.