The company offers:
- Eight weeks paid parental leave for all new parents
- $25,000 in fertility or adoption assistance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Emergency savings plan
- Paid caregiver leave to care for a spouse, child or parent
- Social justice fund to support stronger, more equitable communities
“At Unum, 66.3 percent of our workforce identify as female. We will continue to foster an environment where gender equity and opportunity is supported and encouraged,” said Liz Ahmed, executive vice president of people, communications, and corporate social responsibility.
This award is presented by Forbes and Statista Inc. Approximately 85,000 women around the world responded to global surveys where they evaluated companies supportive policies for women in the workplace, balanced recruitment and related topics. Leadership, business structure and public engagement was taken into consideration.