Unum Employees Stuff Snack Bags for Healthcare Workers
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (September 21, 2021) — To show their appreciation for the tireless efforts of hospital staff, Unum employees packed 3,800 snack bags to say thank you as the Delta variant continues to keep hospital beds full and healthcare workers on shift.
Mike Simonds, chief operating officer of Unum said, “I am incredibly proud of our teams for the caring spirit they’ve shown. Healthcare employees have worked tirelessly, and I am thankful we were able to show our gratitude and appreciation.”
Employees in Chattanooga, Tennessee; Portland, Maine; and Worcester, Massachusetts packed the snack bags with personalized thank you notes while the Colonial Life team in Columbia, South Carolina delivered the snack items specifically requested by hospital staff.
Lisa Iglesias, executive vice president and general counsel of Unum, said, “Part of Unum’s culture is having a caring spirit, and we are always looking for ways to contribute to the community. For all they’re doing we want healthcare employees to know we appreciate all they’re doing.”
The food items, along with personalized thank you notes, were delivered to healthcare employees in COVID-19 units, intensive care units and/or emergency rooms at the following hospitals:
- Erlanger Hospital – Chattanooga, TN
- Memorial Hospital – Chattanooga, TN
- Parkridge Medical Center – Chattanooga, TN
- Lexington Medical Center – Columbia, SC
- Prisma Health – Columbia, SC
- Maine Medical Center – Portland, Maine
- Mercy Hospital – Portland, Maine
- UMass Memorial Campus – Worcester, MA
- UMass University Campus – Worcester, MA