Full-service benefit education and enrollment
At Unum, our goal is to deliver the best tools to help your employees understand the value of their full benefit package and the choices available to them.
Services range from a nationwide benefit representative network to self-serve web enrollments. And now, enrollment of voluntary benefits along with other group or core benefits is easier than ever with the introduction of our Simply Unum platform that serves the needs of employers with 500 or fewer eligible employees.
Enrollment may be broken down into three phases:
Employees will receive information in advance of enrollment that will outline the benefits available. This information may be provided in any of the following ways:
- One-page product overviews and flyers
- How-to-enroll instruction sheets
- Pre-enrollment education kits
- Payroll stuffers
- Benefit booklets or guides
- Electronic and direct mail postcards
- Enrollment meeting presentations
- E-mail and intranet content
- Online benefit calculators
- CEO and manager endorsement letters
Unum will work with you to provide this information to employees in any of several different ways:
- Home or office-mailed paper enrollment kit
- Online enrollment (self-service or with a licensed benefits representative)
- By telephone with a licensed benefits representative
Any of these above methods may be used independently or in combination with the others.
If an employee purchases an individually owned policy through the workplace, they will receive a copy of the policy by mail. Information about group-owned policies will come through the employer.