Brokers appointed to represent Unum in the state of New York may partner with a broker general agent (BGA) who will support brokers in various capacities, including but not limited to, product selection, plan design, enrollment strategy, policy installation, and on-going service at future renewals. Unum compensates BGAs for their services as follows:
- BGA base commissions are equal to 5% of premiums paid.
- BGA base commissions are paid as long as:
- your broker remains broker of record on your policy; and
- your broker remains affiliated with the BGA, and
- the policy remains inforce, and
- the BGA continues to service the policy.
- BGA's do not receive supplemental commissions on the policy
Not all New York-based brokers partner with a BGA. If you have questions regarding your broker's relationship with a BGA, please contact your broker directly. Should you have questions not addressed by this website or if you want to speak to us directly about broker or BGA compensation, please call 800-633-7491, option 3.