Disability Top Ranking Diagnostic Report
This report identifies the top diagnostic categories of claims incidence and compares them with their associated costs. This information could be used to indicate health and safety conditions that may benefit from special therapeutic or preventative intervention programs.
Data details — what's in? What's out?
This section provides information which is specific to the disability top ranking diagnostic report. Please refer to the information in the Understanding the Data Details section for general information on the details for all reports, including Marked up in Error (MUERR) claims and data processing delays.
- Analytical report — report is a graph which compares the top disability categories with the number of claims to the cost for those claims.
- To protect the privacy of individuals, the report is only produced if there are at least 25 claims in the review period.
- To produce this report, the top diagnostic categories with the highest number of claims are first identified. Then, the costs associated with those claims are identified.
- Non-compensable claims are excluded.
- View the specific diagnostic codes that are included in each diagnostic category.
- Data is updated quarterly.
- The user selects one product at a time: fully-insured STD, fully-insured LTD, self-insured STD, or self-insured LTD.
- The user chooses starting quarter and ending quarter. There is a maximum of 2 years of data for STD claims and 3 years of data for LTD claims.
- The review period for claims is based on disability date. Claims that have a disability date within the review period are included.
How can I use this information?
This report is most valuable when it is not overused. Reviewing the report annually or semi-annually provides a high-level view of claim experience compared to the associated costs.
Another way to use this information is to learn more about specific diagnostic categories. The Proactive Analytic Service (PAS) reports, available on the Report Wizards menu, provide insights on how to use diagnostic information to manage lost-time expenses and plan performance.
For more ideas on how to use this information, refer to the section titled Interpreting the Reports.