Unum, a trusted leader in employee benefits, has expanded its portfolio to include dental coverage through a partnership with United Concordia, a leading provider of dental coverage. Dental insurance complements our array of employee benefits — including long term and short term disability, life and voluntary benefits.
Dental coverage from trusted providers
United Concordia insures oral care for 6 million employees, with 94,038 dentists and more than 235,000 access points in their network and over 40 years of experience.
Regular dental care is important to employees who want a healthy smile — and who want to maintain good dental health and avoid costly treatments later. That's why Unum and United Concordia are committed to providing affordable, flexible dental coverage. We offer two dental plans through preferred provider organizations (PPOs) on an employer-paid, shared funding or voluntary basis.
Together, we offer valuable dental coverage that coordinates easily with other Unum benefits — and is supported by flexible funding options, easy administration and valuable employee communications.
Two plan designs for your dental needs
An active dental PPO plan gives employees the freedom to choose a dentist, but sets in-network services at a higher benefit level to encourage employees to seek care from in-network providers. The more your employees choose to use in-network dentists, the more your employees can save.
A passive dental PPO plan also gives employees the freedom to choose a dentist. This plan features the same provider discounts as an active PPO. Employees can visit a non-network dentist and receive the same benefit amount, but their out-of-pocket expenses may be higher.
Dental available through Unum offers:
- Extensive networks of participating dentists who agree to file employee claims and abide by the highest quality standards
- PPO network savings of up to 32.9%
- Informative, easy-to-understand enrollment materials for employees
- State-of-the-art, proprietary systems to ensure accurate and timely claims payments and prompt service
- Experience rating for larger groups
Dental plan options
|Design Plan Options
||A national network of 94,038 dentists at more than 235,000 access points.1
||Group plan may be:
- 100% employer paid
- 100% employee paid
- Shared between the employer and employee
|Higher co-insurance for non-network care
- Network and non-network coverage for diagnostic, preventive, basic, major and orthodontic services
- Freedom of provider choice
- Extra cost savings when care is provided by network dentists
||Same co-insurance for both network and non-network care
- Custom tailored plan designs for groups with 150 or more enrolled employees
- Excellent access, savings and out-of-area coverage
- Quality management practices that assure cost savings