Payments and billing
General information & payment
- When will I receive a bill?
- If you have selected a paper bill it will be produced between the 20th and 25th of each month.
- View a sample annotated bill.
- How can premium payments be submitted?
- You can submit payments via check to our secure lockbox or wire transfer.
- If using a paper bill, be sure to remit a copy of that bill with your payment. This is especially important if employee changes have occurred during the month.
- If submitting your payment by check send to:
Provident Life and Accident
Bank of America
P.O. Box 403748
Atlanta, GA 30384-3748
Bank Account # 4426208369
- If you elect to submit your premium payments by wire transfer please review the following information:
Bank of America
901 Main Street
Dallas, Texas 75202
Transit and Routing number for Domestic Wire: # 026009593
Beneficiary Name is Provident Life & Accident
Depository Account Number is # 4426208369
Transit and Routing number for ACH Payments (if applicable) —
All wire transfer and ACH payments must include your Company Name and EBCN Number on the transaction for identification purposes so that your payment can be applied in a timely manner.
- Any employee deductions changes or leave of absence notifications can be submitted the following ways:
- iServices via an attached Excel Spreadsheet or PDF Document
- Written directly on the bill and submitted
- Should your company get behind in premium payments for any reason, our office will send you an e-mail reminder. These e-mails will be sent to you at 45, 60 and 90 days.
Employee deduction changes
- Due to cancellations by the employee, your first bill may not reflect the most recent changes. Also, there maybe some pending policies that do not show up on the initial billing cycle. Unum will adjust the payroll deduction amounts for your employees as soon as possible once these pending policies are issued. Notification will be given to you through iServices.
- Submit only premiums deducted from each employee's paycheck who has selected Unum coverages.
Employee leave of absence
- Unum must be notified any time an insured employee is out on a leave of absence.
- When you submit a notification for a leave of absence the employee is advised of having the option to take their coverage with them. This process is referred to as the option to port their coverage. Almost all voluntary benefits coverages are eligible for portability. Future billing after portability will be sent directly to the employee's home address. Review your policy language or contact your billing representative if you have a particular question.
- Once notified of the change in employment status, the employee is advised of having the option to keep coverage through a home direct bill method.
- In the event the insured employee returns to work — and the policy is paid current and all underwriting qualifications are met — he or she can be returned to payroll deduction method for future premium payments.
- If the company automatically places the employee back on payroll deduction but the policy is NOT paid current, all monies received on their behalf will be refunded to the employee unless premiums have been paid on the policy while the employee was out on leave of absence.
- All refunds or overpayments, due to the individual nature of our voluntary products, are returned directly to the policy owner at their home address in a timely manner.
Group past due premiums
- Monthly premium payments for your employees are due by the 15th of the following month.
- For example, if your employee policies are billed on July 25th, for deductions taken during the month of July, your premium payment for employee coverages would be due to Unum on August 15th.
- Unum is willing to work with plan administrators to resolve any issues that may occur. To help keep your payments current and on schedule Unum will send e-mail reminders at 45, 60 and 90 days.
Customer Contact Center
8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Monday through Friday
Internet Service Center
Client Services — Voluntary Benefits
1 Fountain Square
Chattanooga, TN 37402