Who is Unum?
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum helps protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
Headquartered in Chattanooga Tennessee, Unum has significant U.S. operations in Portland, Maine, Columbia, South Carolina, Worcester, Massachusetts , Glendale, California and Dorking, UK with 35 field offices nationwide.
Unum at a glance:
- Ranked 257 on the Fortune 500 and the leader in disability benefits for over 35 years.
- One of the world's leading employee benefits providers doing business for 160 years
- Protecting more than 25 million working people and their families, serving the needs of 171,000 businesses in the U.S. and U.K.
- Over $10 billion in revenue and assets of over $57 billion.
- Provides benefits for 37% of the Fortune 500 companies
- Home offices in 4 states, 35 field office locations and international offices in 2 countries
What does Unum do?
Unum specializes in ancillary employee benefits. Typically, people consider medical insurance and retirement accounts as the core benefits offered in the workplace. Unum highlights the importance of specialized coverage. Unum is a market leader in disability insurance, which protects a portion of an employee's income if they are unable to work due to injury or illness. Unum is also a leader in life, critical illness and supplemental health insurance.
Why are these benefits important?
In short, there is a need for further protection. According to the Social Security Administration, an employee has a 30% chance of suffering an injury or illness that causes him or her to miss three or more weeks of work before retirement. People in the U.S. and U.K. are beginning to understand this reality and look for a way to protect their income. In an effort to attract the best talent and protect their most valuable asset, their people, employers are looking to Unum for specialized coverage.
What do we offer?
- Supplemental Health
- Critical Illness
- Worker's Comp