The value of a healthy workforce
Being an employee benefits provider has taught us the value of a healthy workforce. That's why Unum is committed to the health and well-being of our employees.
Our work-life balance programs are designed to meet the needs of our employees holistically, because we know that working in balance not only helps our people, but also the company and our customers.
Programs available to employees include:
- An employee assistance program that provides 24-hour access to resources that help address personal and family issues.
- Flexible work schedules that allow many of our employees to work from home or telecommute.
- Company-sponsored social activities for employees and their families.
- Benefits like paid time off and a college savings plan help employees manage personal financial responsibilities and promote well being.
From fitness facilities to resource centers, employees have access to the tools they need to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Staffed by a nurse, health resource centers at our main campuses are where employees go to learn, get confidential help managing chronic conditions and receive basic screenings.
- Fitness centers provide access to cardio and weight equipment. Each is staffed by a personal training specialist and features fitness classes and other activities.
- With 75 lunch-and-learn seminars every year, employees learn about the health issues that matter today.
- Health coaching pairs employees and nurses for confidential assistance with issues like weight loss and smoking cessation.