A lifetime of learning
Whether you are looking to start your career, make a career change, return to the workforce or a current employee who wants to keep growing in the company, Unum provides a range of training and developmental opportunities to meet your needs.
Among the dozens of programs we offer are:
- Our Aspire recognition and training conference held at Walt Disney World in Orlando each spring. Hundreds of employees participate in team building and training during this multi-day event.
- The Unum CEO Scholarship program that includes two weeks at the University of Virginia's Darden School of Business and pairs employees with senior management over a 12-month mentoring period.
- A tuition reimbursement program that helps employees pay for colleges in pursuit of an undergraduate or masters degree.
- Participation in seminars and workshops that enhance skills and help employees learn best practices.
- Training, conducted online or in person, on business basics, computer skills, relevant insurance topics and self improvement.
- Insurance education programs that help employees learn about key insurance issues and obtain important industry certifications.
Encouraging bench strength
Developing mentoring relationships throughout the organization is also a key part of employee development and one of the ways we deepen our "bench strength" of seasoned professionals. We also encourage employees to embrace challenging projects and responsibilities that stretch their capabilities and enhance their experience.