1. How much Life insurance do people need? Experts say at least 5 times salary.
Yet many Americans are uninsured or underinsured. The Life and Health Insurance Foundation calls it a "Life crisis," with the same potential to impact families as the credit crisis and sub-prime mortgage crisis.
Yet, despite the economic downturn, only 1% of life insurance policy holders had reduced or cancelled their coverage by the end of 3Q08 — a reflection on the value they place on this vital benefit.
2. How can employees know how much coverage they need and can afford?
Unum's educational employee enrollment materials include an easy-to-use worksheet calculator that leads them through the process. And the flyers are written in simple, everyday language that consumers can understand. See samples:
3. What's new for "Life?"
4. When is "Life" a "living" policy?
- When it's an individual voluntary life policy that includes an enhanced LTC rider. Here's what you need to know about this hot new offering:
- When it's a group voluntary life policy with AD&D coverage.
5. What's your "Life" experience? Take the instant results poll.
Unum's new enhanced AD&D plan now offers:
- Coverage equal to 10x employee earnings
- Up to $1 million benefit amount
- An AD&D maximum that can be higher than Life
- Dependent AD&D election independent of Life coverage
What trends have your customers experienced over the last 5 years? Check the box(es) for the trends you've observed firsthand.